Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P CORE CoWitness Questions

ZackJones

I posted this originally on the M&P sub-forum and it's had 57 views but no feedback so I'll try posting here.

I picked up my M&P .40 C.O.R.E. late last week along with the Trijicon sight for it. I was at the range trying it out over the weekend and have some questions. Finding the sight can be difficult but I know with practice it will become easier. My question deals with sight alignment. Right now the dot sits considerably higher than the iron sights. When it comes to zeroing the sight should I just find the dot and align it up with the target or should the dot align with the iron sights? I didn't really see anything in the docs that helped me out so hopefully someone here can give me some ideas on how to best get the two sights to play well together. I think I'm going to like the C.O.R.E. I also picked up a KKM 40 to 9 conversion barrel and plan to test out shooting 9mm in steel challenge with it. Thanks in advance for your feedback/tips.

I set my dot right on the front sight and now when I just use the dot, it is perfect. Or I can use just the sight and that works as well. You want it set so the bullets impact exactly where you put the dot. This may take a little fine tuning, mine did. Hope that answers your question.

I set my dot right on the front sight and now when I just use the dot, it is perfect. Or I can use just the sight and that works as well. You want it set so the bullets impact exactly where you put the dot. This may take a little fine tuning, mine did. Hope that answers your question.

It does, thanks. I'll be working on it at the range this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Zack

I just did this BUT got the DeltaPoint be cuz I wanted cowitness.... I put it on and dialed the dot to sit 3/4 of dot size above my site and centered.

No time to check it to confirm where it was hitting my bad!

Next day shot a match and it was damm close!!! Steel match in 2 hrs from now and hope to comfirm it on paper before match time... Gotta got go will txt ya afterwards.