Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stage memorization help

Tubguy

I can't seem to find what I'm looking for and I'm sure it's here somewhere. I'm looking for ideas in help with how to commit a stage to memory. Besides just burn it in. I watch better shooters standing in the box and quickly moving their hands simulating shooting the cof. Are you seeing each target or going to each entry box and seeing the targets. I feel this is the next step for me to and would like some direction on how to do burn it in

Thanks

Obviously developing a stage plan and walking it through a few times during through it is important. If at all possible do everything in the same order that you will shoot it. Don't forget to mimic reloads and other actions in their proper order during the walk through. I pay special attention to knowing the exact spot I want to be at for every shot I will fire. Don't stop reversing and waking through the stage until you are comfortable with your plan with target engagement location, order, reloads, and etc all being critical. I you change anything in your plan walk through it start to finish again to assure that you will remember the change once the clock is running.

When rehearsing behind the line (without physically walking through) I generally envision everything in order just as if I was walking through. I will frequently soft of point to the locations where I will shoot the targets and count off the number of shots that will be shot from there. I mimic my reloads and point over too the next shooting location and repeat the process. I guess the important thing again is being confident with your stage play so that you have no hesitation between positions, you know exactly how many shots you have at each position, you know from where exactly each target will be shot, and you have your reloads planned in order. Whether walking through or envisioning always rehearse the entire state with all of the elements from start to finish. If you fine yourself messing up some aspect on your plan while walking through them start over from the start again to ensure you have your plan committed to memory in the correct order.