Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Correct dryfire practice.

I dryfire a lot, but never thought about if I was doing it right. Since I cant feel the trigger past the first pull I sometimes wonder if Im just training myself to slap the trigger at all ranges.

Is it more correct to full release the trigger, or to ride the reset. Pertaining to both live and dry fire.

Most recommended dryfire technique is to press the trigger on the first (DA) shot, and not to release it for subsequent shots, just 'simulating' SA reset. Obviously, you won't feel the trigger reset, hence the 'simulating' part.

Your sight picture should tell you if you're slapping the trigger.

• 2 weeks later...

I dryfire a lot, but never thought about if I was doing it right. Since I cant feel the trigger past the first pull I sometimes wonder if Im just training myself to slap the trigger at all ranges.

Is it more correct to full release the trigger, or to ride the reset. Pertaining to both live and dry fire.

You can do a lot more than just work with trigger control.. just sayin.

To answer your question, both options you present are viable. There are tons of variables at play when you start talking about trigger control. Many shooters cultivate several different methods for trigger control and employ different methods at different times.

Edited by Ben Stoeger