Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I ran into a open pistol with an interesting serialnumber: Leatham1

czbeardly

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To my fairness, I knew it jumps around in 9x19 with minor loads as the comp does not work to its advantage, but in Erics hand it looked really flat from my Point of view and was like "aeuerrrhar well eauhruhrhure" :)

Excellent course btw, anyone should attend a class from a top competitor, and the 2 days with Eric was brilliant. 100% Worth it.

• 4 weeks later...

It has officially been in a competion (today). With limited practice, got to say I am happy with how it turned out. Still alot of things bounces around in my head efter the course with Eric. I even filmed the most fun stage of the day, but feel a bit shy showing it since I had a few brainfreezes. I did not do it justice! Like strugling with finding the dot (it is really not bright even with new batteries and full setting), trying to move to fast past a target having to do a panicstop :blush:

That video does a good job of showing how much weight EG puts out onto the balls of his feet.

In an interview not too long ago, Rob Leatham said that a practice session of just a few hundred rounds would leave his calf muscles burning.

man, eric is too cool! he looks like robo-cop. as he punches out to get a feel for the gun it's just one fast snap out there!

the gun doesn't look very flippy to me, but I assume a lot of that is the guy holding it with a great grip.

his stance is very interesting. not much lean forward, but you notice as he's about to shoot he does shift his weight forward a little. basically he stands quite square one and quite naturally. like jerry miculek seems to advocate. rather than the kind of hunched 'fighter' stance that many use.

post the vid beardly! no one is going to make fun of you. we just want to see your beautiful open gun in action. :)

Well here it goes. :)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pxqq4nZHFU

Had some trouble finding the dot, and as you might see I thought I had brainfreezed and forgot to turn it on :sick: Just glad some things has started to stick in the back of my head, like finger out when I started fiddling, or it would have been a DQ. Second real mental braindamage was after the reload where I miscalculated how fast I was going and thought I was about to go to far and might end up breaking 90deg left, and did a splendid deer-in-the-headlights stop... but overall, superhappy with the match, 3rd in Open out of 9, 4th combined out of 27. Only had 2 real struggles on the other stages, one where one of my shorter Magazines started missfeeding, cost me about 4-5 seconds, and one where I for some reason came up to the first target and just... looked at it for like 3 seconds :P

Either way, feels like the things from Erics course is starting to come together. My feet shuffling is starting to make sence most of the time, I am faster in and out of the positions I need to be, just struggling with relearning my grip, but right now the path feels like it is infront of me. Going to take the offseason more seriously, since we have quite alot of it :P Thinking about getting a TM HiCapa SVI clone soft airgun for winterpractice since it looks like our new Indoor hall will not be fininshed this fall/Winter. All in all... why did I wait so long geting into this! It is sooo fun =)

• 2 weeks later...

I did mail SVI to ask if they might know when the frame was built, and sure enough - they knew. In 1996 it was sent to Springfield and Ricky matched the Springfield slide to the frame and fitted both barrels. :) As much as I like to own something brand new, I just find the history of some handguns to be awesome, and that people remembers or has full inventory and can track/verify items, it is just amazing!