Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Biggest CZ mag?

thompsoncustom

Just wondering what the biggest CZ mag was that someone has created. Not that you could use it in any sports I was just looking at the 32 pro mag and thinking hmmm I bet I could get 40 to fit with the right pad and follower.

So anyone else make some big mags?

Edited by thompsoncustom

good to know, I didn't notice that the CZC +4 was about 40 buck :surprise: think I'll stick with a mec gar plus two. Well if I can't bend or add metal to the mag to get it to accept the +2 base I'm sure some guys on here have some mec gar or CZ mags that are ruined and I could always cut the last 1 or 2 inches off the mag and weld it on to the pro mag.

Sure you could make a base pad work, that's what I do: cut them to length, bend the tabs out and make 171.25mm mags. I get 28 without tuning, maybe I'll put one in a vise and see if I can get 29...

ETA: welding tubes is a real bitch, but I guess if you do it low enough that the follower never touches the weld it won't be so bad. I welded a big stick from two short tubes and gave up before I got it smooth enough on the inside. It's also easy to get it too hot and distort the metal.

Edited by kneelingatlas

Ya that's why I was thinking only 2 inches or less. You don't gain length really but you could add a base pad and get a diamond file in there pretty easy.

I also have some 56% silver brazing rod that I've used on other gun project which would be easy to keep anything from getting on the inside of the mag but I don't know if it would have enough strength

I also wonder if there is a way to crimp springs together. If the silver works and you could crimp springs without losing space or find better springs a 50rd mag might not have to be a mile long. Tho pointless since FA new productions aren't allowed.

Edited by thompsoncustom