Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

transition speed based on 2nd shot

ap3

A couple of month ago I was talking to a friend of mine who is a GM and he commented that seeing the second shot go through full cycle actually made him faster on transition. Well, change in job has not allowed me to practice, but I was getting ready to start again and test this thought. I have tended to see it lift before moving my eyes, but not full cycle. What is everyones visual exerience for transition speed. In other words, how much visual patientce on the 2nd shot before transitioning.

Whether it be the first shot, 2nd shot, or 20th shot, you need the same amount of visual patience for each one.

I believe what your friend is talking about is calling the shot with certainty before the transition which is definetely faster than not knowing.

To answer your question: Get the hit, snap the eyes, get the hit. It doesn't need to be any more complex than that.

Well, calling the shot was assumed. The thought was whether or not to wait on the gun to return as if you were going to make a third shot, or moving your eyes during recoil of the 2nd shot. He is a limited shooter.

It is as if he gained faster awareness on transition through the full process. Lind of like being deliberate about unlocking your car door(with keys) as opposed to trying to unlocking your car door in a rainstorm.

Todd Jarret teaches people to follow through all the way till the front sight or dot is back to poa. I have often wondered if he does this because most shooters would be better served learning to follow through rather than ripping transitions.

James

when I was shooting a Jpoint on my open gun I could follow the slide through the whole cycle. My transitions and splits were a bit faster because I could see what was going on.

Now switched to a Cmore and can't see the slide cycle without being totally out of whack. I can easily see that a limited gun it would be easy to follow the cycle.

Todd Jarret teaches people to follow through all the way till the front sight or dot is back to poa. I have often wondered if he does this because most shooters would be better served learning to follow through rather than ripping transitions.

James

I am of the same mind as James.

?

Todd Jarret teaches people to follow through all the way till the front sight or dot is back to poa.  I have often wondered if he does this because most shooters would be better served learning to follow through rather than ripping transitions.

James

I am of the same mind as James.

?

Me three. I find in teaching, most people need to slow down to speed up.