Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cz Extended Barrel?

Czhase

I just took a closer look and I think I have it figured out: it's the Australian barrel - 120mm (4.72")

Pictured below are the standard SP-01 barrel (114mm - 4.49"), the extended one you linked to (120mm???), and the Tactical Sport (130mm - 5.12") barrels respectively:
0420049440.png0420049447.png047004940706.png

After I posted this I realized they're all scaled to fit the same width on the CZ USA web store, so I downloaded them, scaled them the same and overlayed them:

CZBarrels_zps5619fce1.jpg

I think I'm right with my guess :D

Speaking of barrel lengths, some of you will notice the lengths I quoted above don't match those advertised by CZ USA and CZC yet they agree with the CZ UB catalog and reality. I've discussed this inaccuracy with our stateside friends, but told I was right by Angus and Zach at CZ USA who promised me the 2014 catalog would feature the correct measurements, but alas inertia prevails :eatdrink:

Edited by kneelingatlas

I just took a closer look and I think I have it figured out: it's the Australian barrel - 120mm (4.72")

Pictured below are the standard SP-01 barrel (114mm - 4.49"), the extended one you linked to (120mm???), and the Tactical Sport (130mm - 5.12") barrels respectively:

0420049440.png0420049447.png047004940706.png

After I posted this I realized they're all scaled to fit the same width on the CZ USA web store, so I downloaded them, scaled them the same and overlayed them:

CZBarrels_zps5619fce1.jpg

I think I'm right with my guess :D

Speaking of barrel lengths, some of you will notice the lengths I quoted above don't match those advertised by CZ USA and CZC yet they agree with the CZ UB catalog and reality. I've discussed this inaccuracy with our stateside friends, but told I was right by Angus and Zach at CZ USA who promised me the 2014 catalog would feature the correct measurements, but alas inertia prevails :eatdrink:

I think you right. I also found that CZC calls their Aussie barrel an "extended barrel". So looks like an Aussie barrel to me.

http://czcustom.com/cz75sp01barrel9mm4925ext.aspx

What's going on with the TS feed ramp. Was planning on using it on a shadow but the feed ramp looks like it could be a problem.

Not sure about the ramp but the area where the guide rod contacts the barrel is roughly .020" thicker on a TS barrel than a standard barrel.