Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mags not ejecting

HazB_Shootin

Having an issue with my 2011 open gun, the mags are not sticking in the grip or rubbing on anything but if I even slightly rotate the grip horizontally after hitting the mag release the mag just lays inside the grip. Basically there is no spring pressure on the top round even trying to push the mag out - it appears the only way the mag is coming out is with gravity. I do have the slide stop tabs ground off the followers to stop slide lock but this issue occurs with rounds still in the mag as well. It's really screwing me up on reloads since I have a natural tendency to rotate the grip slightly horizontal during a mag change, then have to shake the mag out of the grip. Keeping the grip completely vertical helps some but mag ejection is still slow - shouldn't the mags eject cleanly past the grip without having to keep the grip perfectly vertical on a 2011? The mags are actually a bit loose in the grip, I've ordered a new mag release thinking that maybe the mag catch has worn down preventing it from keeping top round pressure. Using relatively new Grams followers and springs, 1- 171mm, 3- 140mm - all doing the same thing.Thoughts?

Edited by HazB_Shootin

If you take your mag release out, does the mag fall out easily? If so, you may be correct that it is the mag release catching.

Sometimes the other side of the release will catch the magazine. You could also try pushing/releasing the mag release button slightly and see if the mag drops out or not with that movement.

It really helps to take the slide off the gun and look at the mag and release from the top of the gun.

Good Luck!

also do you have any mag weights fitted? I've got brass ones and it helps big time,also now and again i spray a little quick drying silicon on the mags then wipe any excess off 3 in 1 do a good silicon

hope this helps mick

If there is no spring pressure on the top round, that round would not feed. The mag could be loose but still be binding towards the top. The new mag catch could fix the problem or not. Some need a little material taken off the left side to avoid the trapping.

I had a gray grip that I could squeeze enough during a mag change that the mag would not fall out.

Edited by scooterj