Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Greetings from Atlanta

moostapha

Hi.

I'm looking to get into USPSA. I've found a local club that I get along with and know at least one guy who's into it pretty heavily.

I used to complete at Olympic rifle, but it's been about a decade since I shot competitively. USPSA looks like it could be a lot of fun without consuming my whole life.

The reason I quit rifle was that I realized that it'd take 30-40 hours of training per week to improve from where I was, and I choose school instead.

Now, I'm trying to figure out single stack vs. production, mostly just for which I'll enjoy more. (Comments appreciated)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

If it were me I'd get a production gun... probably shoot limited minor for a while so that you can spend more time focusing on your shooting and less time worrying about planning your reloads. Then decide what you want to do.

Edited by caspian guy

What part of Atlanta?

We shoot on Tuesday nights at Autrey's Armory in Fayetteville, if you're near the southside. 7 pm start time. E-mail me at campcreekguns@aol.com for more info or check us out on Facebook at "SAPSC USPSA Shooting".

@Braxton1, we know each other. You were the friend I mentioned in my first post. I'm who you think I am. I'll be back next week, I think.

The issue with just picking one is that I have so little experience with pistol that I don't know what I'll enjoy more. I know enough to be safe (with some dry drawing practice) and not look like a complete moron but not much else, and I own zero equipment.... Also left handed, otherwise I would have taken Braxton1 up on his offer to borrow stuff and shoot a couple weeks ago...I'm definitely not confident enough to draw right handed.

SS appeals to me because the triggers feel more natural and 1911s are just gorgeous, but I've also wanted a USP for years. If I can can shoot limited with a USP .40 and start cocked and locked instead of DA/SA, that might be worth considering...but an entry level 2011 isn't much more money.

I have the money to do this right (short of building a race gun, anyway), but I don't want to have to do it twice too soon.

There's also the custom 1911 that Braxton1 mentioned (IRL) if that's still available. Thats probably the easiest solution.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk