Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A commercial every time I click the mouse.

Neomet

This apparent requirement that I be force-fed a commercial very time I want to see a video clip on the internet was more than annoying enough when I had the option to skip it after 5 seconds but the new trend to make me sit through the full 15-30 seconds of commercial is torture. Oh, and if any of you happen to be in charge of advertising for any of the companies that do this you might want to try something else. Your ads are long enough to develop an absolute loathing for whatever your are trying to sell me and pretty much guarantee that I will never be a customer. Just sayin'...

This apparent requirement that I be force-fed a commercial very time I want to see a video clip on the internet was more than annoying enough when I had the option to skip it after 5 seconds but the new trend to make me sit through the full 15-30 seconds of commercial is torture. Oh, and if any of you happen to be in charge of advertising for any of the companies that do this you might want to try something else. Your ads are long enough to develop an absolute loathing for whatever your are trying to sell me and pretty much guarantee that I will never be a customer. Just sayin'...

I always immediately punch off anything that puts up a commercial. Their software registers that.

As for adblock software: I have it and it makes everything go blank as it has to wait while the ads play through. So you don't see the ad but you still have to wait for it. In some cases adblock locks up the video feed. The sites detect when adblocks engage and put up screens saying that you have to go up to the browser settings and disable the adblock software.

Edited by bountyhunter

... I have quit watching videos because of this.

my experience with ad block is that it mostly works.

when I am looking for info, adverts bug me a lot.

when I am looking for products they don't bug me a bit.

I guess it is a case of when I get my time wasted.

miranda

My feelings exactly.