Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Strange TS request.

Kyle7735

I am heavily...Heavily considering the TS for my new dedicated 3 gun pistol. It is a mindblowing gun. My strange question however is. Can the trigger be made heavier? It is absolutely incredible as it comes however to me it would seem that going from a 7 pound shotgun trigger to a 4 pound rifle trigger to the TSs sub 2 pound trigger would be difficult. Is it possible to double the trigger weight of the TS? up it to 4 pounds or somewhere close to that.

That i know of ive never seen anyone else ask about doing this and i figured if there is anyone with the knowledge it is all of yall on here.

I don't know why but going from a 6lb shotgun to a 3.5 lb rifle to a 1lb 12oz TS hasn't bothered me.

The only thing I would change is the reset is not as positive as it is on my SP01 Shadow. Very subtle "click."

I am guessing you could make a heavier trigger return spring since it's a pretty basic design but I would just try to get used to it.

It's possible but would be difficult, if I were to attempt such an abomination I would change the sear and hammer to the stock 75B pieces, install a Tanfoglio sear spring and a 22# hammer spring. You would also need to make trigger modifications to get enough travel to release the longer hammer hooks.

Here are some simpler suggestions:

- a stock CZ75B SA - the trigger will be ~4# right out of the box

- an SP01 converted to SAO - same trigger, but a heavy dust cover closer to the TS

- an EAA Match or Limited - very similar heft and ergonomics an out of the box the triggers are 4-5#

- dry fire the TS a lot and fall in love with the sub 2# trigger :)

It's possible but would be difficult, if I were to attempt such an abomination I would change the sear and hammer to the stock 75B pieces, install a Tanfoglio sear spring and a 22# hammer spring. You would also need to make trigger modifications to get enough travel to release the longer hammer hooks.

Here are some simpler suggestions:

- a stock CZ75B SA - the trigger will be ~4# right out of the box

- an SP01 converted to SAO - same trigger, but a heavy dust cover closer to the TS

- an EAA Match or Limited - very similar heft and ergonomics an out of the box the triggers are 4-5#

- dry fire the TS a lot and fall in love with the sub 2# trigger :)

Abomination seems like a very harsh word Atlas. But that does sound pretty difficult.

I have thought about the EAAs quite alot i know youre a huge fan of them.

In a dedicated 3G pistol the small frame wouldnt matter as much but i was wanting it to be a limited gun also. Get a 40 and just have 9 barrel and accompanyments.

Heavier Trigger return spring (if you can find one suitable) and a heavier hammer spring will help.

The heavy trs may also make the reset feel

More positive too.

The TRS designs is very basic. DOE's anyone gave experience with making their own Springs.