Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Safariland 014 speed holster

jacob0

Does anyone here use a Safariland 014? I just purchased one with the intention of using it for limited. I'm shooing a limited elite, which is one of the listed models for this holster. The holster length adjustment seems to bottom out for a 5" barrel, and seems to be too long to accomodate the 4.75" barrel on the limited. I just don't like how the bore holder "nub" only goes part of the way in to the bore face. It seems like the bore could easily pop out, and then the retention mechanism would be the only thing holding the pistol. I'll try to post a picture tonight.

I have one I rigged up to use for my elite limited with a long slide conversion. I cut the outboard leg a little shorter to get the clearance, but one could also drill/tap a new hole.

I'll post pictures a little later if you want.

BTW- Mine works good for the tanfo. There is a truckload of adjustments, so some patients may be required when setting it up.

That holster when new, comes with two different "bore holder nubs" as you put it. One for 9mm, the other for .40-.45. You may have the wrong one in place. Also, there are 3 screw holes for the length adjustment and only 2 screws. That holster will handle up to a 6" bbl with no problems. Simply use different holes for the slide to engage to lengthen it.

Alan~^~

Ahhh perfect solution! Yes, it is the outboard leg that is blocked by the retention lock button. That would be the perfect fix to get the length adjustment to move another quarter inch. I am looking forward to trying this out tonight. Thanks for the idea!

• 2 weeks later...