Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Race Master Holster Sticking?

SSGJohnV

Hello All,

I bought a DAA Race Master holster with STI insert from a member on the forums and it works as advertised, but inserting and drawing the gun from the holster is a bit tight, to say the least. It starts just fine, but it actually squeaks when I push it in the last half inch or so and is very tight on the draw and insertion. I tried very lightly filing my trigger guard to check the fit but it still won't go without some force and squeak. Any tips or tricks to this? I even tried some dry graphite lube to see if that helped and still a no go.

Thanks.

-John

Pull it all apart clean it with a mild solvent and reassemble dry. I had some issues with mine and it only takes some real fine dirt to lock it up. I pull mine apart and clean it once a season now.

Does your insert fit in the holster really tight? Mine do but not to the point of squeezing the trigger guard. Something to check. I also clean mine with Frog Lube paste on the sliding surfaces of the insert. Seems to help.

Edited by Shadowrider

I had something similar. It only occurred after I had dissembled it, and put it back together again. Turns our the small steed wedge had fallen on the floor, and I didn't notice this. Put it back in, and it was smooth again.

Regards,

Hugh