Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sjc titan. The most significant firearm upgrade I have ever experience

Mat Price

I been around firearms a long time shot everything from F-class to for the last 4 years uspsa open. Many times when you upgrade your gun you notice a difference for example going from a 2011 limited gun to a race tuned open gun was pretty drastic but that is really a change on platforms. But I once had a glock 17 I turned into an open gun. With a lone wolf ported bbl and Jager comp it shot much better over stock but nothing as drastic as this.

Going from an A2 flash hider to the sjc titan compensator is hands down the most significant and drastic change I have ever experienced on any firearm.

Using the same ammo same set up only adding the comp

It reduced Rearward recoil by 80% it reduced muzzle rise by 99.99999999999% I mean the dot in the scope doesn't move.

I was able to ring a 6 inch plate at 100 yards with .20-.30 splits. And that's with a stock rock river lpk fcg. Now I did give the fcg a good polish and am running jp yellow Springs

But this comp has truly amazed me.

I just finished the build here is the specs

Upper

Areo forged upper

Mas defense 16 inch socom mid length gas

Spikes tactical bcg

Yhm low pro gas block

Nordic extended length free float hand guard

Badger over size charging latch

Sjc ss titan compensator

Lower

Areo forged lower

Rock river lpk

I polished the fcg mirror finish

Jp yellow trigger hammer Springs

Cut hammer lobe

20140407_163236-1_zpsbd1e36a9.jpg

Edited by Mat Price

No jack that's the first ar comp I have tried. I would imagine if I was to try another comp now it would be like switching comps on my open gun.

I can't imagine another comp taming the recoil and muzzle rise better. Now admittedly another may do it as well with noise and blast. I was always going with either the titan or the thunder.

I want to see a video of you hitting a 6" plate at 100 yards with a .20 split. Not saying you can't, I just want to see it. :)

Yes sir. But I forgot to mention I was seated shooting off a forend bag weak hand rolled under the but stock support style, doing it. But next range visit I'll roll some video

That makes more sense. I have the thunder and the titan. The thunder is a bit better for me from a recoil management standpoint, but it is tons better from a headache standpoint.

Yeah makes it a little less impressive lol... Didn't think to clarify that statement.

I will agree the the headache factor is pretty high with it. But shooting my open gun with a 4 port hybrid bbl and heavy load of 4756 or n105 I'm used to it

Yes, going from a flash hider to any comp you would have noticed a huge difference. The fact that you went from worst to one of the best makes that a dramatic difference!