Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Starting outside shooting area ?

a matt

Just remember two can play the hole game -- you can leave obscure partial views, or tight shots between no-shoots, that potentially allow someone to skip a position, as long as that competitor can actually shoot....

In a similar vein, friendlier but not totally easy options can help to make the stage interesting for Limited and Open, while ensuring that Production shooters have good places to reload with harder shooting, or bad places to reload with easy shots.....

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't posted in here yet, but I read the stage descriptions as written. If it says "outside of the shooting area," I won't start the guy unless both feet are outside of the shooting area. If they object, we get the RM/MD.

At a state-level or above match, I'd think this would be obviated by the ROs for the stage being consistent. If they let one competitor do it, they need to let all of them do it. If they don't, you get the RM/MD.

It's really pretty simple.

I try to leave things vauge on many WSBs to see what and how people will try to game things.

Two favorites are: Starting inside / completely outside the designated shooting area.

(To be honest I have frequently just said inside or outside but after this thread I never will again...thank you!)

It is also interesting to use: "Straddling a fault-line" as a tool to teach new shooters how to game and save tenths of a second by altering their start positions by a half step.