Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow Target - rear sight and owners manual questions

harryorwell

I just acquired this gun and to say the least it's very exciting. I thought some of the aficionados here could help me with these issues. I have spent a good bit of time trying to find a string with this info in it already to no avail.

Owners manual - I found references to the CX-USA site for manuals but they don't have one for the "Shadow Target"…just the Shadow. While that is helpful I'm looking for help on the rear sight right now which is not the same on those two models. I would also like a manual for the Target going forward. Can anyone tell me where I can download one?

Rear Sight - the gun I acquired is used and the sight didn't have any play in it when i bough it but it now drifts with ease under finger pressure (about 1/8 inch) but I can't move it more than that. I need to know how to secure the sight so I can re-sight the gun. I understand the windage and elevation screws and their functions (I think) but I can't find a set screw or anything to lock the sight in place. There is one screw or something on the left side opposite the windage screw that is on the right side but I don't want to go twisting and marring up things without knowing what I'm doing. I'd much rather screw it up with intent! I have scoured the LPA sight (no help) and the CZ sites (Custom and USA) and I can't find anything. Maybe its just supposed to fit snug and its worked loose. I'm at a lose. I was hoping someone here might could help with this.

Thanks in advance!

Harry

and i doubt there is a special manual for the shadow target. it's the regular shadow manual. if your pistol has LPA sights they are effectively an aftermarket part. The shadow target is just a shadow with some trigger work and a few parts on it. it's not a CZ UB model, but a 'tuner' or 'gunshop' special.

Harry, back out the elevation screw all the way and the sight should hinge up exposing set screws in the dovetail.

many thx…it seems like i would have been able to find that tidbit…oh well…lots to learn!

and i doubt there is a special manual for the shadow target. it's the regular shadow manual. if your pistol has LPA sights they are effectively an aftermarket part. The shadow target is just a shadow with some trigger work and a few parts on it. it's not a CZ UB model, but a 'tuner' or 'gunshop' special.

I kind of figured as much on the manual but i was a bit confused by the CZC work but sold by CZ-USA. I downloaded the Shadow manual so i'm good to go…thx.