Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

how good is the Neveske 3 gun Outlaw instructional DVD?

jriggs

not really sure which topic this technical question would fall under so i'll throw it up here in rifle...i was thinking about picking this up online and i was curious what people thought about it? is it a good video for a beginner?? i know they talk about stage breakdown and firearm transition which to me seems pretty important to know the basics of.

thanks in advance,

riggs

Edited by jriggs

thanks for the reply. I've been looking for a class within reasonable driving distance but it's slim pickins here on the east coast. i might just have to do some traveling.

• 5 weeks later...

Great for beginners and you'll certainly pick something up from watching the DVD. Nothing beats a multigun class from one of the best though. Gather up 5 - 7 of your friends and get Bruce Piatt, Daniel Horner, Clint Upchurch or one of the other pro's to come do a class at your local range.

I would have to say the video wasn't great. It seemed mostly like them showing off (which is cool, but not as educational as I wanted in a beginner). Check out Jerry M's video series, he seemed to walk you through drills and junk which was nice.

Jerry's "Practical Rifle" (Brownells #100-004-974) is very good as is Noveske's update, "Three Gun Hero" (Brownells #100-011-559) is better-produced, than "Outlaw", I think it covers stage breakdown better. They'll give you a starting point for some help. BUT, as others have said, nothing beats a class, followed by rewatching the videos and practicing, a whole lot.

The Noveske bunch will come to your range and train a group as will the others that have been previously mentioned. Jerry puts about 60,000 rounds down range every year, not sure about the rest of them but I'd bet the AMU guys shoot that much or more - that's what it takes to get good.

I've RO'd all the good shooters and been lucky enough to be squaded with many of them, had a little training from them and "know" what to do, but I still suck because I don't practice enough.

The videos are a good start but that's all.