Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New M&P Sear Block, Trigger Bar, and Frame Plug Design

CHA-LEE

I did a trigger job this past weekend on a brand new M&P 40 and was surprised to see that the Sear Block is a totally new design. They have removed the hole through the middle of it where you would install an APEX RAM. They also changed how the ejector installs in the sear block. It now slips into a channel from front to back and the sear hinge pin holds it into place. This pistol also had a slightly different version of trigger bar that is thicker and the top prong extends further back than the older ones. It also had two frame plugs that fit into keyed holes in the sides of the frame to make it easily functional with the manual thumb safety models. I wish that I had taken pictures of the new stuff while I was doing the trigger job, but I didn't and the pistol is already back to its owner. I am not sure what serial number range or manufacture date these changes were started at, but its looking like S&W is making some running changes to the pistols.

I am not 100% sure, but I would assume they are the same size making them interchangeable with older models. I can tell you that they didn't look obviously different sizes than the old stuff.

They have been this way for months. They also have updated slide stops and H stamped trigger bars for enhanced reset.

No HI5-0, the universal sear housing block will not fit into the older models. The trigger bar and slide stop will.

Edited by Avedis