Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rem 1100 aftermarket stock

gmg

Does anyone know of a good aftermarket stock for a Rem 1100. Right now I am using the wooden OEM stock but would like to swap it out for a good recoil absorbing stock if such an animal exists.Thanks

Remington makes and sells black plastic furniture for the 1100. You can find it in their online store or, I believe, Brownell's. The one I got has a nice soft recoil pad. I think SpeedFeed makes stocks for the 1100 as well.

The Ram-line Syn -tech is an inexpensive polymer stock with a decent recoil pad. Probably the best bang for the buck, well under $100 for the set when I bought mine. Check Brownells.com and filter search in shotgun stocks to Reminton 1100 and you will see most of what is on the market at the moment.

Sorry for the delay, the competition master was the Remington tactical that came pretty much ready to run for three gun "back in the day". It came with grey furniture and it had an awesome pad on it. Even though the 1100 is an older design that many consider outdated, that is the softest shotgun that I have ever shot. Brownells may sell the factory recoil pad, and if so I would strongly recommend one. I think this is the first time that I've ever said that a factory part is better than a high tech aftermarket part. Don't tell anybody!

Here is my old 1100 I built like a Tac4 style. The stock is the Remington Shur-Shot stock. First came out on turkey guns but now you can get them in black. I put a nice thick soft Limb saver recoil pad on it. Shoots really nice and kicks a lot less then my new 1301 Beretta. Just to slow and not 100% reliable.

947020_3196003116633_205737446_n.jpg

Edited by Mike Bell