Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Latest version trigger bar...

Dustysa4

Does anybody know how the latest revision of the trigger bar assembly differs from previous versions?

I've got some pistols that have a trigger bar with a more steep trigger bar loop, a heavier weight trigger safety hinge spring, and a sharper angle on the trigger safety "catch." These triggers tend to clip the frame unless you pull from the very tip of the trigger.

Then one of my pistols has a trigger bar with a less steep trigger bar loop, a lighter weight trigger safety hinge spring, and a noticeably less angle on the trigger safety "catch." This one feels MUCH better than the others.

I'm trying to figure out if this second type is what will ship to me if I order a trigger bar assembly. Thanks!

If it has a S stamp on it, it is the older trigger bar. Newest trigger bars have the H stamp and are made to work in conjunction with the Universal sear housing block and new slide stop.

Interesting. The smooth one I have has no stamp. The pair of rough ones have the H stamp.

Thanks for the info.

I actually had a H stamp trigger bar that was really rough when contacting the APEX striker block. At first I thought it was the USB, but after some light wetsanding/polishing of the trigger bar, it was buttery smooth.

There must be some micro-burring going on at that point.

Interesting. The smooth one I have has no stamp. The pair of rough ones have the H stamp.

Thanks for the info.

I actually had a H stamp trigger bar that was really rough when contacting the APEX striker block. At first I thought it was the USB, but after some light wetsanding/polishing of the trigger bar, it was buttery smooth.

There must be some micro-burring going on at that point

I will have to try that wet sanding since mine is a little rough.

I ordered some trigger bar assemblies from SSS, and just wanted to throw this up for reference...

H stamp (top) has a trigger safety angled more in to the frame, and makes slight contact during pull. S stamp (bottom) does not contact the frame during pull.

20140329_110252.jpg

H stamped loop is more aggressively angled and taller than the S stamped loop.

20140329_110422.jpg

H stamped assembly has a 1 marked on the trigger.

20140329_110338.jpg

S stamped assembly has a 2 marked on the trigger.

20140329_110351.jpg

More for reference...

3 Apex USB's, the one in the center is the newest.

IMG_0946-1.jpg

This is the reason I became interested in the trigger bar assemblies in the first place. I received an Apex kit that looked a little different than what I had seen before. Just a guess, but it looks like the new USB is in response to the H stamped trigger assembly. With the more aggressive trigger loop, the striker block would need to be disengaged sooner. Hence, the light strike and peening posts of late.

Avedis, I also had a gritty trigger pull, only with the newest Apex USB. Initially thought it was caused by the USB, but I agree that the problem is small imperfections on the trigger bar. They become more noticeable with the newest USB, as the engagement angle has changed. I just want the absolute best trigger on all of my guns. Is that too much to ask? :P

So the question is did the Striker its self change? SSS is showing "the latest upgrade stainless factory striker assembly" on their web page, and of course it is out of stock... go figure.

If a change was made and you cant order the variations what might change in the running of the pistol with the old sear block, and the "New" Striker?

Time to make a call to S&W.