Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

700X/X-treme 124 gr. Plated

Canine582

I had a chance to buy 2#'s of 700X today and have a thousand 124 gr. RN X-treme plated to load. In your opinion, where would be a good "low" starting point with OAL. Never used 700X before. But something tells me, that may of us will be using more unfamiliar powders as time passes.

Thanks Guys

I just bought 2 pounds the other day and have a hell of a time getting it to meter well. I had to check every single round. This was for 147g and the charge was only 2.8gr....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

haven't started yet. what machine were you using, if it is a progressive.

Hodgdon says 3.7gr start with a 1.150 OAL with a 124gr. BERB HBRN TP.

I'm not familiar with the bullet.

On the other hand Accurate's load data site if a pdf file with a great deal of

rounds listed.

Hodgdon's site doesn't seem to give as much data. Just this one bullet.

Edited by Canine582

I have loaded 700x in 9mm and had it at around 3.8ish at 1.12 and it worked with my 124gr fairly well. Started around 3.5 ish and had issues consistently cycling so I upped it to 4.0 and found 3.8 as the sweet spot in my 4.5" xdm

Metering in small charges sucks with 700x, try to keep the hopper full and take out the powder baffle if you have one.

I have some IMR 700X and X-treme 124 gr. HPCB. My question is, does the concave base call for a different charge load vs. the RN flat base. I have never loaded the HPCB before. The bullets were given to me and I have had great luck with the X-treme 124 gr. RN and Titegroup.

I have come to the starting point of 3.6 for the bullet coming out of a Glock 19.

Is this a good starting point and a COAL of 1.130

As always any help appreciated