Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

One powder good for 9mm minor and .40 major?

3djedi

Today I found 8lbs of the new hodgdon CFE pistol. I can't find much of anything about it as far as reviews. But, according to hodgdon, the powder us good for 38super, 9mm, .40, and 45acp. Good for competitive shooters and handloaders seeking the perfect powder for target or self defense loads....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Today I found 8lbs of the new hodgdon CFE pistol. I can't find much of anything about it as far as reviews. But, according to hodgdon, the powder us good for 38super, 9mm, .40, and 45acp. Good for competitive shooters and handloaders seeking the perfect powder for target or self defense loads....

You aren't going to find many reviews, it is a brand new powder. Others have already provided you a link to Hodgon's website that has considerable load data though.

Yeah I saw that. It has load data for a 124g hbrn .356dia but I have 124g jhp .355dia You think its much different in load data?

Edited by 3djedi

• 3 weeks later...

I ended up getting 16lbs of cfe pistol. It looks like it will work well for everything (on paper anyway). Hopefully it will work well in the real world!

Like I said in the other thread N-330 is my favorite powder for 9MM and .40. IMR-4756 comes in a close second. I use to load Berry's but have switched to montana gold FMJ for all my reloads.

My favorite load for Berry's 115 gr RN in N-330 is

5.0 gr

1.120 OAL

.379 crimp

New starline brass and shooting with a 4.5" barrel.

Edited by bdaviswlk