Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A_Zone Steel Targets

What do ya'll think. I was looking at getting some A-zone steel cut outs to use for practice so I just have the A-zone nothing else? I believe it would be valuable in a few ways below.

1. Only get that much to aim/hit

2. Works on shot calling

3. Works on shooting steel plates/poppers

4. Dont have to paste targets

I don't know. I'm new to USPSA but figure I will cut some to practice on. I like the A zone idea but it is pretty much just a rectangle. Doing a B shaped target with head and body and an A zone flapper would provide a bit more feedback than just a "missed A" result if you dont hit steel.

Edited by Rich219

I have been shooting A zone targets for awhile and like them, I just start out with painted steel spaced between 5 to 15 feet apart. You don't have to keep pasting targets and you get good practice on transitions . Mine are bolted on stakes so I can move them around.

• 2 weeks later...

I love the A zone steel for training purposes. I think when you add the B zone to the steel, it adds a false sense of acceptable accuracy. Guys get hits in the B zone and then remark how well theyre doing because they can consistently hit near the A zone, but its still a miss. Lose the B zone, the A is the one that matters.