Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SnapSafe Super Titan XL or other Take Apart Safes : Opinions please

sierra77mk

Now that SnapSafe has different sizes I am thinking about the largest one. I paid a few hundred here and there to have a safe moved.

http://www.snapsafe.com/snapsafe-super-titan-xl-closet-vault.html

My situation now is I cannot move a large safe down my stairs because of layout and 90º turns. SnapSafe is about my only option and this may be my only option vs building a strong room in the basement.

Any opinions or other options on knock down safes?

Edited by sierra77mk

I have a Dakota Interlock XP. I end up moving every couple years and didn't want to get a huge, heavy safe until I buy a house I'll live in for a long time. The safe is ok. It will keep out basic smash and grab thieves, but with tools could be compromised pretty quickly. If it's your only option, it's better than no safe at all.

What's considered a big safe. The 24 gun safes aren't bad at all to move even with 90 degree turns if done right. In always if the opinion a couple mid size safes secured down are better that one monster safe. With the monster if it's opened they get everything. With the 2 smaller ones it's twice the work and they are easier to get in the house as well.

Sierrra,

I have a Zanotti Armor modular safe. It is well made, but not cheap. Cost about as much as my Fort Knox safe.

Easy to assemble and move around. I can do it by myself so long as I don't have to move it up stairs. It has made PCS moves much easier. I put my Fort Knox in storage and take the Zanotti with me as part of household goods.

Lead time is about 6 weeks. Nice folks. They will build to suit you within reason.

When I'm done moving around in the Army I will weld the Zanotti together and be done with it. As EKU says, 2 safes are more secure than one. Considering how much I have invested in shooting gear safes are cheap insurance against theives and curious kids. Most importantly, a convenient safe that you actually use could prevent a tragic incident involving undersupervised kids or grand kids. Also keeps important papers and the wife's things securely stored.

Give Zanotti a call and see if they can meet your needs and budget.

Hope this helps,

-john