Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Winchester SX2 and Nordic Follower Problem

ihocky2

I tried installing the Nordic low drag follower in my SX2 tonight and ran into a slight problem. It seems the smaller diameter front of the Nordic follower protrudes into the lifter just enough that the lifter hangs up on the return stroke and won't let the bolt drop. Has anyone else had this with either the SX2 of the SLP? If so how did you fix it? Right now my choices look like file down the tips of the lifter just enough to clear the follower or trim down the protruding front of the follower.

Yea I had this issue with that follower and my SLP. Of course it says not to use that follower on the Nordic website, but it didn't say that on whatever site I bought mine from, and I didn't check Nordics til after the fact. I was gunna grind down the protruding part of the follower, but then decided to just sell it for a few dollars of a loss and bought the RCI follower for the SX2/SLP. RCI follower works perfect and glad I went that route. I didn't wanna chance messing up the Nordic follower, and not be able to sell it

I tried installing the Nordic low drag follower in my SX2 tonight and ran into a slight problem. It seems the smaller diameter front of the Nordic follower protrudes into the lifter just enough that the lifter hangs up on the return stroke and won't let the bolt drop. Has anyone else had this with either the SX2 of the SLP? If so how did you fix it? Right now my choices look like file down the tips of the lifter just enough to clear the follower or trim down the protruding front of the follower.

I had the same issue with my welded lifter and the Nordic follower. I filed the lifter, about a mm, to make it just squeeze by.

My feed latch catches on the smaller diameter of the follower under normal operation. If I push the latch button with the bolt closed, the follower will pop down and rest on the feed latch on its larger diameter. The carrier will lightly scrape the follower then.