Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

open G34 your oppinions

openglock34

i figure some of you may be able to assist in this matter.

since i found that a 6 port lwd barrel does not shoot nearly flat enough to be truely competative with the fully comped sti's with hybrid ports. i am going to send my 34 to brian hawley experimentalmachining.com and he is going to build me the kkm match barrel with a titanium comp as well as hybrid ports. while it is there i am going to have him lighten the slide and then get it chromed for beautification purposes. i have heard that a factory lightened slide on the glock can break. where and how does it break and does anyone have any suggestions on how i should ask to have it lightened (besides the huge hole in the factory 34 slide top) also is anyone particuarly an expert in how i should have my comp designed and how many hybrid ports i should use. i want it to be one of the flattest shooting glocks to date, and i want to have it all done at once instead of sending it back and forth ten times. so hopefully with your oppinions i will be able to give brian a good idea of what i want. im sure he will have many ideas already because i have heard really good about his work. all i knwo is that i want a nice light fast slide and i do not want the comp too long because the 34 is already long enough as it is so i dont need an additional 3 inches added to the end. 1 idea i may go with for a comp is theo carters glock 17 (can be seen in galery) with the 3 ports going from larger to smaller holes. either way....ive rambled on more then enough and the average person would have lost interest after line 6 but any ideas at all for things i can have done to my 34 while its at brians shop would be appreciated.

shawn

Unfortuneately Caspian isn't currently making slides for the 9mm Glock. They have a few slides left for the 24 but nothing for the 34. Don't try to use the 24 slide with 9mm. I had horrible results with it. I asked Caspian when they might be making 9mm slides. They said maybe this spring, which is the same thing I've heard for 2 years. There just isn't enough market for them.

trust me i would prefer to go with the caspian. but they only make it for the 17 in 9mm which i do like, but alot of good that does me if they supposedly wont have one until spring..maybe. so thats why i decided just to go wtih my stock 34 slide and do what i can do to it