Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vortex Viper 2.5-10x32 ?

I'm looking for a scope for my longer range 3 gun AR. I have a 1x6 Razor on my other gun which works just fine but for longer stages my old eyes need a bit more, I've been toying with the thoughts of picking up a Vortex Viper 2.5-10x32 FFP scope. Anybody here have any experience with this model. Price is important but not necessarily the limiting factor.

Thanks,

Pat

Great lightweight and compact scope to give a little more long range precision to an AR. Until stepping up a good bit in price to the Nightforce NXS compact there really aren't many comparable scopes. With the NXS you won't get FFP so that alone makes the Vortex more desirable to many people. On a 2.5-10 I personally don't see a big advantage to FFP. FFP gives you a much smaller and less usable reticle at 2.5x and when using a 2.5-10 optic on an AR I usually find myself on 2.5 for close range shots and 10x in shots at any distance where I would be using the reticle for holdovers.

I've got one on a precision AR. Reticle is pretty small and thin on 2.5, illumination isn't Aimpoint bright but it's decent. I kinda wish I'd waited and gotten the covered turret version, but the clicks are firm enough to not get bumped off zero.

All in all though, I'd buy it again.

I've got one on a precision AR. Reticle is pretty small and thin on 2.5, illumination isn't Aimpoint bright but it's decent. I kinda wish I'd waited and gotten the covered turret version, but the clicks are firm enough to not get bumped off zero.

All in all though, I'd buy it again.

Don't see a covered turret version on the website. Am I missing something?

Pat

Ran the covered turret version the last 2 years in open. It's fantastic. Very bright and quick. Bdc reticle works very well out past 500. Very affordable.

Edited by sb3

• 2 weeks later...

Actually ended up getting the 2.5-10x32 before the Razor II as they are still a few months out. Mounted it up on my POF upper yesterday. Doing the usual looks at the neighbor's houses after mounting and the scope is nice and clear in both reticle and glass. Turrets are good solid clicks which are both tactile and audible. Just like my buddy's from last year so these little 2.5-10s are still a great little scope for the money.

If you couldn't tell I like a little color in my ARs

photo73_zpscabf6f87.jpg

I was able to get some through the scope pics and a closer one of the turrets. My neighbor's car at about 75 yards on 2.5x and 10x. As I have always said, I am not good doing pics like this and the actual view is better especially at 10x. Also the reticle is set for my corrected vision so it seems a little blurry to uncorrected camera. .

DSCN2061_zpsf6a2abec.jpg
DSCN2060_zps4f77df2b.jpg
DSCN2063_zpsb1eede22.jpg

Yes sir. This scope has been out for about a year now. I just wasn't able to get the funds together for one until now. Check with any of Vortex's dealers and see if they have any in stock.