Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sp01 shadow improvements

chuck s

I have looked over most of the pages here on trigger jobs for CZs, and there is a lot of great info, but it gets a bit disjointed considering all the different types of CZs out there. I have a Mink 75 shadow that is fantastic, and just bought an SP01 shadow with the standard trigger that comes with it. It actually is not bad, but nothing like the Mink gun. I have decided to try and slick it up myself, mostly to really learn the mechanics of the gun. I know the easy answer is to send it to Mink or Stuart ect.., and that may eventually happen, however, I would appreciate a run down on the advisable parts and changes you would make to improve the gun. Thanks

comp hammer, short reset disconnector, 13# or lighter hammer spring are must to do.

some people like the 85C original trigger or 97B trigger.

safeties are personal choice, sights are personal choice. grips are personal choice.

comp hammer, short reset disconnector, 13# or lighter hammer spring are must to do.

some people like the 85C original trigger or 97B trigger.

safeties are personal choice, sights are personal choice. grips are personal choice.

Hi eerw, I was having this discussion the other day. The trigger I like is the fatter and slightly straighter trigger which I know as the old 85C trigger (it also came on some very early SP01 Shadows). Is that also known as the 97B trigger? I guess it's misleading to call it a 85 trigger etc as it's just a trigger and may have come on a range of guns at some point. It just makes it more difficult when trying to order one!

the one I like is the one I think you call "original 85C trigger" on your website.

thanks for any help in figuring out this one!

the 85C trigger you are looking for is what we call the "Original" 85C trigger. its thicker, has a wider face and not as a tight a radius.

the 97b trigger is the same old radius. For whatever reason, CZ has not changed out this trigger for the new radius triggers.

so if you like the old radius. Look for the "original" 85 C trigger ( has overtravel stop) , the 97B trigger (no overtravel screw) and to confuse matters.

the Shadow Line gun have been coming with the less radius triggers too, but have not seen as a seperate part.

thanks very much! that is exactly what I thought.

I guess when the SP01 shadow was first made as an IPSC/USPSA production div special it was something of a 'parts bin special' in that they picked and chose what parts they had around that would make it work.

later they went to the thinner, more curved trigger (which hurts my finger). my early shadow had that 85 trigger as standard. I thought the 97 trigger was the same but had forgotten about the overtravel screw! thanks for clearing that up.

pic of the one I mean for clarity sake (this is my 'old' shadow).

crqn.jpg