Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

limited class mods

Ryandodge

Hello all. I am going to be new to the limited class in uspsa and was wondering what companies have good mods for the springfield xdm 5.25. I know mag well, trigger group, magazines or just base plates, and polishing the sears and all that good stuff. I just don't want to break the bank. Any input is welcome. Thanks all.

P.S. I shot a Springfield a-1 loaded in the single stack division.

Hello all. I am going to be new to the limited class in uspsa and was wondering what companies have good mods for the springfield xdm 5.25. I know mag well, trigger group, magazines or just base plates, and polishing the sears and all that good stuff. I just don't want to break the bank. Any input is welcome. Thanks all.

P.S. I shot a Springfield a-1 loaded in the single stack division.

Stinking money, there never seems to be enough of it, does there.

I started with a stock 4.5" XDm, when I was shooting limited, saving up all year to "soup it up". In December of that year, I sent it off to Scott Springer, and let him do all the work. Pricy? Yes, but I would do it again.

If you go to Springer's web page, and open the work order, you can plan your build there.

Have you considered shooting single stack one more year, while you save for your build?

Thumbrest, extended magazine release, dawson frontsight, dawson basepads with grams guts. precut skate tape if you are lazy like me.

ETA: depending on what you mean by breaking the bank go to RIIID's post click on the link and order one or buy one and send it to Springer Precision.

Edited by RammerJammer

I just ordered a tungsten guide rod and a B-1 oversized mag release from Rich at Canyon Creek last Friday at 11 a.m. Today is Monday and it already came in the mail. That is what I call speedy service! Thanks Rich:)

By the way Rich did a trigger job on my 4.5 xdm 9 multigun pistol just over a year ago and I'm very happy with it. I just slap my 5.25 .40 slide on that frame when I shoot USPSA 3-gun. Last year was my first year running an XDM in Limited division and it has been working out well. I took first place overall the 5 times I went to TCGC for 3-gun last year and at the 2 multigun matches at OPSC last year I was 5th of 48 in June and 2nd of 64 in September.

Thumbrest, extended magazine release, dawson frontsight, dawson basepads with grams guts. precut skate tape if you are lazy like me.

ETA: depending on what you mean by breaking the bank go to RIIID's post click on the link and order one or buy one and send it to Springer Precision.

Or buy one and send it to Canyon Creek.

Rich

Or buy one and send it to Canyon Creek.

Rich

I guess I worded that wrong... I meant to imply that.