Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nook - Practiscore question/issue

j28s

Got a Nook. Went to Root'n-score-it and downloaded everything to MicroSD card. Go the new Nook Version v1.2.1 too. Put the SD card, got the "Root'n-Score-it" where it has wait while we boot about 40 seconds. Then it goes to new page "Getting Started" - Root'n Score-It prepares a NOOK for PractiScore. Process will take 2 minutes...press "Next" to continue. I pressed Next...nothing happened, so I just let it wait. It's as if it is locked up. I've did the soft boot (power for 20 secs), but still keeps doing the same thing.

What is the deal?

Did you press the word 'Next' on the screen, or the raised ridge on the bezel that the arrow points to? I realize now that for people who are unfamiliar with the NOOKs may not know the ridges are actually the buttons to push. A future release will provide text to indicate that.

The four raised ridges are buttons. In Root'n-Score-It, the arrows point to the buttons to use for that function. Once it's rooted, and you're running Practiscore, the top buttons act as page-up keys, while the lower 2 act as page-down.

Edited by jcwren

Did you press the word 'Next' on the screen, or the raised ridge on the bezel that the arrow points to? I realize now that for people who are unfamiliar with the NOOKs may not know the ridges are actually the buttons to push. A future release will provide text to indicate that.

The four raised ridges are buttons. In Root'n-Score-It, the arrows point to the buttons to use for that function. Once it's rooted, and you're running Practiscore, the top buttons act as page-up keys, while the lower 2 act as page-down.

That was enlightening. Thanks

Okay, that's the second person who's done that. We have to update the Getting Started screen to point out that the user has to press one or the other of the physical vertical ridges along the bezel of the device. It really is easy to just assume those are decorative only and serve no useful purpose.