Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where you place your timer has a huge influence on whether it picks up echos or not.  If you're in a shooting booth with the timer facing a wall, that's about the worst situation.

I use it out on the range. Private club and I go early Sunday AM to have it all to myself.

I will try the tape idea, adjusting the sensitivity was my first thought but it did not work.

Side walls are fiberboard for sound deadening. I wear the timer on my pocket and it faces the side walls.

It never did this before so it is very confusing. I never really warmed up to this timer as it has always had various problems. Missing shots during matches, never got the sky screens to work, and now this.

I will probably end up buying a new timer and scrapping this one. Calling PACT never got me any satisfaction so I will need to start looking.

Thanks for the input.

Send it to PACT and ask them to take a look. There is an internal mic sensitivity adjustment that may simply fix the issue. Occasionally PACT has had issues with stuffing components into boards. I got one timer in where a chip only had part of the pins actually inserted into the board and the timer operated intermittently. Fortunately, the PACT is repairable.

Send it to PACT and ask them to take a look. There is an internal mic sensitivity adjustment that may simply fix the issue. Occasionally PACT has had issues with stuffing components into boards. I got one timer in where a chip only had part of the pins actually inserted into the board and the timer operated intermittently. Fortunately, the PACT is repairable.

Thanks Eric, I will contact them again and see if they respond a little better than the last time I spoke with them.

Regards,

I've got to admit that whoever they usually have answer the phone has less personality than you'd hope for, but with a little perseverance you can usually get taken things care of. They've even sold me spare parts so that my customers don't have to send a timer in for repair (the timer was damaged before I received it).

I hope PACT makes you happy, because I'm not sure I could be happy with anything less. :)

I've got to admit that whoever they usually have answer the phone has less personality than you'd hope for

Actually, little enough personality and poor response that it made me want to never deal with them again.

I will call and see if they will take it back and test it out. In the mean time, I am looking at a Pocket pro.

Thanks again,

Gary

RGS,

The suggestion of putting a piece of tape over the microphone has worked on our Pocket Pals at the indoor ranges. Actually we use a paster because they are kind of handy. There is an potentiometer for adjustment on the Pocket pals but it's alot quicker just to use a paster.

FWIW

dj

RGS,

The suggestion of putting a piece of tape over the microphone has worked on our Pocket Pals at the indoor ranges. Actually we use a paster because they are kind of handy. There is an potentiometer for adjustment on the Pocket pals but it's alot quicker just to use a paster.

FWIW

dj

Thanks DJ, I will try it this weekend.

Regards,

Gary

Try the simple before going to the complex.

When my PACT MKIV starts registering echos, I change the battery. Has fixed it every time. No tape, no mic tweaking. It appears that the unit demands a strong battery for it to work reliably. A long chrono session will deplete the battery to the point that when used as a timer, every shot has an echo registered.

Try the simple before going to the complex.

When my PACT MKIV starts registering echos, I change the battery. Has fixed it every time. No tape, no mic tweaking. It appears that the unit demands a strong battery for it to work reliably. A long chrono session will deplete the battery to the point that when used as a timer, every shot has an echo registered.

Thanks I'll try it.

Now if I could just get BONES to send some fresh 9volt

:lol: