Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

trigger reset

cjleabres

i am a bad shooter and tend to not allow the trigger to travel forward the requisite distance in order for it reset...without sacrificing safety, is there a way to speed up trigger reset...possibly reduce the amount of travel the trigger has to go forward?...thanks in advance for any replies...

i am a bad shooter and tend to not allow the trigger to travel forward the requisite distance in order for it reset...

You might try to loosen up your strong hand grip a bit. Put more of your gripping action into the weak hand. Be sure not to tighten up the strong ahnd as you pull the tirgger.

Lack of letting the trigger reset is often a issue caused by being tense.

The way to shorten the distance the trigger has to move forward to reset is you grind/hone the side of the disconnector ears, the part that look like a upside down T, that sit against the trigger bow NOT the side that engages the sear. By making that whole/complete area thinner the distance the disconnector has to move forward to come off the bottom of the sear is less. But by doing that you can screw up the thumb safety engagement with the sear making the thumb safety non-functional. So it is best to do with a new sear and thumb safety. If you make it to thin the ears of the T could bend or brake off and wear faster make the whole gun non-functional and or turning the gun into a full auto 1911. Unless the reset distance is excessive, and you have the trigger over travel set correctly, I wouldn't fool with it. Learn to shoot the gun the way it was designed.