Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon 450 Gurus

Restoring a 450 & I'm missing RL450-34S [Primer magazine Small], RL450-34L [Primer magazine Large], & RL450-34A [Primer magazine lock ring]. The press is looks good as new but I'm having trouble locating these parts which is no surprise.

I have two 550s & plenty of parts but so far haven't been able to piece anything together that works with my 450. I would like to keep the manual primer feed setup if possible?

Suggestions? Am I overlooking something?

Thanks & God Bless......LAH

If your priming system uses a plastic lock ring, it is long obsolete. Send an email stating this, include your address, and we can cobble together a replacement manual priming system at no charge. If your primer feed body is a brass rectangle, then you will have to shorten the left foot of the replacement system. A hacksaw is sufficient for this, the tolerences are very casual there.

You might have to shorten the front left leg of the primer feed body as I described above.

The primer slide already has serrations molded into it for manual operation. You could drill and tap for a knob it you wanted to.

Last one I had,I changed it over to a 550.I was missing so many parts,used the manual powder measure on a single stage press worked great..sold 450 for scrap sold single stage bought 650 happy happy happy