Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

e3 with Lee Pro Auto Disk

nevadabob

I've been following the e3 posts with interest. I picked up some yesterday and will load my 9mm casings tonite after work. I plan to start around 3.5 grains and will be shooting 124/5 LRN. What hole # for the LPAD gets me near this? Thanks for any help.

Loaded a small amount of #53 @ 3.3 gr & #57 @ 3.5 gr with 124/5 lrn. We had a lot of wind last night and it was blowing this morning so I left the chrono at home. Drove 12 miles out into the desert to the range and the wind had stopped. Took my four 9's with me: M&P, SD9VE, 669, & a Bersa BP9CC. At this point I was just interested in recoil, slide action, & brass ejection. With the 2 loads, the accuracy was standard for me @ 14 yards, and the 3 factors did well. I liked the recoil, not harsh or surprising, but very manageable. No slide hiccups or FTE's/stovepipes, and the brass landed 3-4' away in close proximity. My M&P load was with Darda's 0.357 124 lrn non-shouldered @ approx. 1.100 COL. The others used SNS 0.356 125 shouldered 125 lrn @ approx. 1.125 COL. I determine the COL based upon the plunk test.

Hopefully on Monday I'll get back out there to chrono these loads. So far, e3 is good stuff. In these times of powder shortages, I have been looking for an addition to my Big 3 Trio: Win 231, A#5, & Titegroup. I recently came across IMR SR 7625 and have that dialed in for my 9's. I know that it will be discontinued at the end of 2014 so I was able to "buy ahead". With my Big 3 Trio on limited/nonexistent availability, It's good to have more choices.