Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ 97B Borken firing pin

mgardner

Saturday while dry firing my 97B the cat launched himself off the bed and jumped on something on the floor. He kills anything in or around the house that moves so I figured it was an insect or lizard. I was surprised to find it was the last half inch of my firing pin. It must have gone out the barrel and he saw it. Saved me from going to the Bianchi shoot with a broken gun. That would've been a real surprise at the first stage. Click and no bang is bad. Good kitty!

I stopped at CZ Custom and they had a new one and it has a slightly different design. Instead of an angled stop the new one is radiused to fit the pin. They said it was from excessive dry firing with no snap caps. Ooops, guilty as charged!! :blush: They gave it to me under warranty though. Great bunch at CZ Custom.

My 97 broke its firing pin also. Not due to dryfiring though, just snapped.

Examination of the broken ends indicated it had been broken, yet continued to work, for at least the last range session. I only found out it had fractured when I was cleaning it.

CZ was also very pleasant about sending a replacement.

Those borken firing pins. If I ever meet those fargen bastages who heat treated those chicken bones they call steel, I'll smack that ice hole right in da mouth. That kind of quality is just bullstein.

:roflol:

(Johnny Dangerously Moroney reference)

Me too. It's the first cat I've ever really liked. He's more like a dog actually. He fetches. Likes to play hide and seek. Likes to be with people. He wouldn't leave my wife's side (except to eat and use the litter box) this past winter when she had the flu until she began to feel better. He's a real character.