Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Another Texas Newbie

Lockspur

Afternoon!

I came upon this site when searching for XD info, and seemed like a nice place.

I'm not new to firearms, been consistently training and find I enjoy pistol shooting over long guns. I tried IDPA once, but found it overwhelmingly fast paced. May have been the group I was with…but it didn't appear "newbie" friendly. I would love to try it again, now that I have more training under my belt.

I currently have 3 XD's and 1 XDm 5.25. My XD45c is my favorite. It's short, fat and ugly…but she has over 15000 round down range…and no problems. All mods (none are stock) have been done by me…sans sights. No pusher for me, and I would just mess it up.

Apart from the plastic pistols, I have 8 Springfield 1911's. That's my other addiction. Some people have mentioned that there are other brands of 1911 out there…but I don't quite know what they're on about.

And to wrap up, a good friend of mine lent me his Tangfoglio to shoot recently. It's a new slope I'm trying not to plunge down through.

That's about it. A pistol-packin', cigar-chompin', dog-lovin' bitter old man. At least that's what the mirror says.

• 2 weeks later...