Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My mounting solution for my single stage and new XL650

ropsitos

So I picked up a new XL650 and wanted to set it up on the same bench in a way that would allow me to still use the single stage press

Right now that bench also doubles as my table saw outfeed, so the single stage press was setup so i can remove it when i need the bench.

Turned out that the mounting block I made for the single stage could accommodate the 650 as well. To use one or the other I remove the bolts that hold the mount to the bench, spin it around, and re-insert the bolts, and start using the other press.

Just wanted to share in case it would help someone else out. Mount is made from doubled 3/4" ply I had as scrap from a built in project I did.

post-43942-0-76543400-1391567901_thumb.j

Its pretty stable. I've been decapping about 2000 of 9mm on the dillon and did probably near a 1000 of 40 through the grx die on the single stage and it seems pretty solid. Prior to having the dillon I did all my reloading on the single stage attached to that block with out problem. I do think some stiffening of the base bench wouldn't be out of the question though. I won't really know how the dillon preforms until I load on it