Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Moving to Singapore

Due to work reasons I will be relocating to Singapore early 05, I would like to now if any of you know:

- Is there an active IPSC organization in Singapore?, I checked the IPSC site and found the link to the local club but didnt find much info, or contact email, and in the calendar all I could see is 1 monthly match!! (I need at least 4 matches per month)

- More importantly: Can I take my toys with me?, what permits do I need to get, from who, how, etc..

Appreciate if there are any formum members from Singapore, or anybody that can point me int he right direction.

Sergio

Was there in '95

All I remember is that chewing gum in public or spitting on the sidewalk will get you in trouble. Clean city, nice subway system. Pretty women and cold beer too.

..that probably doesn't help you at all does it. ;)

There were a number of shooters over from Singapore for the AustralAsia Championships in Bali and in talking to them I would estimate that it is quite an active Region. All I met seemed nice guys. They have mostly shot HG but are becoming interested in SG as well. I don't know about rifle.

I would think you should be OK to take your guns but you will have to store them at a club, not at home.

The Regional organisation is the Dynamic Shooting Association (Singapore).

Website http://www.dsa-sg.org, email sin@ipsc.org. The President and Regional Director is John Toh. Any other details from the website or by emailing them

Good luck.

I just discovered another plus! They use the same Forum (Invisionboard)

Sergio,

Congrats! You should have a wonderful experience.

If you can bring your own guns they will be kept in the club safe

as Neil explained. Plan on factory ammo and travel to some of the

active regions in the area if the paper work doesn't slow you down.

Email me if you don't hear from John within a week or so. He is

a very busy guy but will reply. I can also give you another contact.

Joel

Sergio,

John Toh was driving into Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia when I last spoke with him early this week. If he hasn't replied yet, you may want to try him at number1@pacific.net.sg. Tell him Vince and Myro sent you.

You'll definitely love John Toh and his merry band of shooters in Singapore- absolutely nuts about IPSC and a jolly bunch of chaps! As you may have seen on the DSAS website, they also do Sporting Clays.

As an added bonus, you can easily hop over the causeway into Johor Bahru (Malaysia) where Tungu Jalil Osman (another IPSC nut) is known to hold good matches.

Good luck on your move and if you ever find yourself in the Philippines, feel free to drop me a line.

Best regards,

Myro

• 1 month later...