Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9 mm 1911 options?

Jeremiah

Spartin

I have a slightly tricked-out Spartan and it has been great. I run a 9 lb. recoil spring and a 17 lb. mainspring, and it cycles slicker than snot. 100% reliable with 10 round Tripp Cobra and Wilson ETM magazines.

Spartan is the least expensive. Magwell and extended mag release. Runs great if I do my part.

FWIW

I would recommend a Springfield Armory RO 9MM. Add a magwell add a FO frt sight. Around 150 added to the base. Still considerably better priced than a Trojan. Spend the savings on Good Mags (Dawson, Tripps or Metalform Elites) and ammo. Trigger is ok but it cleans up well after about 500 rounds. Best value and little effort. Again JMHO

Mark

Might want to consider a Springfield 1911 Loaded Target 9mm in stainless. I have one for just IDPA ESP. All I did was have a trigger job done, Dawson 1911 Gap magwell, and VZ grips. Also bought 5 Tripp 10 round mags. Also had the slide & frame bead blasted to matte finish. Got 7K+ rounds down the tube with only 1 FTE and that was shooter caused. It's very accurate with 115 gr. bullets, off-hand 1.5" groups at 25 yds. Enough accuracy for IDPA & me. It's not something you would buy if your not going to use the gun and keep it.

If you have the skills to do your own work, get a Rock Island. You would be shocked if you knew where the Big Name industry leaders are getting their frames and slides from. They are not making them, but that is business and as long as they stand behind their products, it should not matter a lot.