Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DD V7 LW

chrissy0022

;) The mod that keeps a known 200 yard zero. One that allows a few hundred rounds a week of solid live fire training. Another one that makes you dry fire practice at least 30 minutes a day.

Even then you will never surpass your rifles core potential in a typical 3-gun environment. Mark it up, and wear the sucker out!

I wouldnt do anything to it (except add the comp), and just run it. Maybe a trigger depending on how it is.

Youll see most people running rifle gas systems, adjustable blocks, and lightweight carriers to reduce the recoil impulse. Im not a great shooter but I improved when I moved to a setup like that. Im sure someone who is good could beat everyones ass with your rifle.

I say the biggest help with a gun like that would be a comp on the end. Really improves shootablility . Other then that shoot it like ya stole it! I just spent the better part of a year tinkering with longer barrels , adjustable gas blocks, low mass bolt carriers , low mass rifle buffers and the like and you know what , my old school bcm 16" middy runs just as fast with a good comp and a full mass bcg. I'm actually selling my 3 gun upper soon to put money towards a fully built dedicated light weight low mass tuned rifle …..eventually . Unless you're going to be doing some of the more demanding competitions that really have you stretching out to 400 yards or so, that rifle will do everything you need it to.

After the comp like Therealkoop said, a trigger would be my next buy. Throw a decent comp and a good trigger on a rifle and you can run it way fast . Affordable options include the miculek comp ( around 50 bucks ) and CMC trigger ( around 170 ) and you'll be smoking em. But the age old adage of more trigger time and matches is more valuable then any piece of gear .

Edited by thegunnerd

Compensator and a trigger are easy, basic improvements. Dig the Kryptec camo...

Try moving your Magpul AFG out to the end of the handguard. Driving your rifle with your support hand out at the muzzle gives you more leverage, range of motion, and control. You'll have better, smoother transitions with pracitice.

Compensator and a trigger are easy, basic improvements. Dig the Kryptec camo...

Try moving your Magpul AFG out to the end of the handguard. Driving your rifle with your support hand out at the muzzle gives you more leverage, range of motion, and control. You'll have better, smoother transitions with pracitice.

thank you!

There are much better comps for the game than the PWS. Even the previously mentioned, $45 Miculek is still toward the top of the heap of options. Lots of the comps look cool, but few work better than the Titan, Rolling Thunder, or JP "Cooley" comp...

Your single-stage 3lb Timney trigger should serve you well.

You may also consider removing the extra rail sections on the front of your handguard unless you actually need/use them.

Edited by wgj3

There are much better comps for the game than the PWS. Even the previously mentioned, $45 Miculek is still toward the top of the heap of options. Lots of the comps look cool, but few work better than the Titan, Rolling Thunder, or JP "Cooley" comp...

You may also consider removing the extra rail sections on the front of your handguard unless you actually need/use them.

I already have the PWS

I already have the PWS

I already have an 8,000lb Excursion. If I wanted to get into Autocross racing, I don't think I would use it just because I already have it. The Miculek is a great value, 90%+ of the performance of anything out there at any price, and probably less money than many people spend on coffee every month. Not saying you CAN'T use the PWS, but once you learn to shoot controlled pairs at speed, the PWS will cost you seconds.