Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PSV 6 - The AR-15 now shipping!

MattBurkett

So Matt...what's up after the SG video? All 3 guns at once? More transitional work? MOR? Or back to the original "match prep" concept that was going to be Vol 6?

In other words...how much space do I need to leave on the DVD shelf? :D

Kimel,

Leave a lot of room on that shelf. A whole bunch of stuff is coming up. Not sure after the SG video what is going to happen then. Probably a full 3 gun tape and a separate series on LRR/MOR since they are very different. Just not sure if the market will support that or not.

Actually having a viewing of another video wed. that is unannounced at this time and may release this month. FYI it is an IPSC pistol video with some of the coolest helmet cam footage, umm IMO, well ever. A couple of the stages look like DOOM the video game. Should be on final edit Monday or so. Still trying to figure out a title for it. May send out a couple of preview copies just to get some helping in naming it. Interested? hehehe Call me.

:-)

A comment on the Velcro noise during a tactical situation, if I may...

I think of it like the wonderful "KACHING" of an empty M1 clip flying through the air; everybody in the immediate area with half a brain is gonna know that you are engaged in the process of reloading your weapon, or at least that one of your hands is doing something besides being "at the ready" and your attention may be diverted momentarily in the case of Velcro.

I've watched the first deeveded and like it so far. What I really liked was the fact I mailed in the order form late Thursday afternoon and by the following Thursday, I had it. Considering that I live in NJ and MB is in AZ, that's pretty cool.

-David

Well, I got to watch the whole DVD. Excellent work! And a good primer for the all around use of the AR. It covers most the things a shooter needs to know to get rockin.

Criticism?

1) No discussion of the use of the sling. Some matches requires slings (can we say VTAC!!). And the Ching sling definitely has a spot in 3 gunning.

2) There is a brief discussion of side prone but no info on where to hold when shooting at 90 degrees.

3) I know Matt is not an Iron sight guy but there was not much for the Limited aficionado.

But that is why we have BE.com!

I loved the match videos. I have not been to MGM. Those are some crazy ass stages!

Kelly,

1. There was a slight discussion on slings in the Buchanan interview. Yeah, it could have gone more indepth. I really wanted slung secondary transitions to HG in there for the tac guys, but, we just ran out of time.

2. Everygun seems to be different and I wasn't sure how I could show that. FYI now I can since we have the availability of a camera that can shoot through the scope! Would have been so cool for the video.

3. I agree. There just isn't as much cool stuff to show or talk about with the irons.

There are about 40 more discussion points that I would have liked to bring up, but, we were already at four and a half hours of final. Could probably make another 10 hours of rifle stuff, just don't know if there is enough market for the details.

Thanks for the review!

Matt

• 1 month later...

I just bought the DVD last week. I loved it. This is the first video I have watched out of the series. I will definately have to buy some or all of the others. Very informative on both how to set up an AR for 3-Gun and how to actually shoot it effectively.

My only complaint is that it was too short (4 hours was not enough - I still wanted more).

I also wanted to say thanks to you ,Matt, for getting the DVD to me so fast.

And just for the record I hate velcro when hunting and would not want it in a tactical type situation either.

David

I just bought the DVD last week. I loved it. This is the first video I have watched out of the series. I will definately have to buy some or all of the others. Very informative on both how to set up an AR for 3-Gun and how to actually shoot it effectively.

My only complaint is that it was too short (4 hours was not enough - I still wanted more).

I also wanted to say thanks to you ,Matt, for getting the DVD to me so fast.

And just for the record I hate velcro when hunting and would not want it in a tactical type situation either.

David

I'm about half way through.

I'm already looking at JP rifles...

• 2 weeks later...

This DVD is right after bullets on my list of stuff to buy. For some reason Matt's being mean and not sending it to me for free. Oh well maybe someday Unicef will get into the business of distributing Matts shooting videos.

As for velcro being loud in a tactical situation, tactical situations are usually loud by nature. Be that as it may my preference for velcro over snaps has nothing to do with noise or access, it's gear retention. If you reload from a pouch containing more than one magazine (which I would suggest) nobody in their right mind is going to resnap a pouch in a firefight, which is where reloads tend to happen. A velcro flap will self seal and ensure that you have another magazine when the time comes. My personal favorite is the Blackhawk Strike line of rifle mag pouches. I use the Triple Setup for an AK as it allows me room for magpulls and they have a little pouch in front of the main mag area that can either hold a third M16 mag or that the flap gets stuffed in. With the flap in the pocket it's quicker to get to the mag without the velcro the first time and once you have one the flap is covered in velcro and falls securing itself and the remaining mag. So that might be an option for ya'll that want a quiet mag pouch, the first time anyways. I leave the other two velcro'd with 3 mags each, if I'm on mag 4 the element of surprise is likely lost.

Keep in mind my oppinion is just as worthless as anyone else's, but this worked well for me.

Regards,

Alan Elam