Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Will a low mass BCG be effective with carbine system.

mrtn

I have an M&P 15 carbine I use for 3 gun. After shooting a buddies JP rifle with a low mass BCG, I would like to reduce the recoil in my rifle. Will I achieve this with the use of a low mass BCG on my current carbine gas/barrel. I understand I will need an adjustable gas block. Any advice from the experts would be much appreciated.

I dont think of myself as an expert but I have been shooting ARs over 20 year. Its will probably help with the impulse caused my the reciprocating mass. However, its really the combination of the rifle length gas system, adjustable gas block, barrel comp, and low mass BCG being tuned to work well with each other for your particular load. I have seen some success with different combinations of these but your buddies JP probably has them all. That said a good comp, LMBCG, adjustable gas system on a carbine can still make a noticeable difference. Thanks my 2 cents anyway. Good luck :)

I have an M&P 15 carbine I use for 3 gun. After shooting a buddies JP rifle with a low mass BCG, I would like to reduce the recoil in my rifle. Will I achieve this with the use of a low mass BCG on my current carbine gas/barrel. I understand I will need an adjustable gas block. Any advice from the experts would be much appreciated.

I would save your money and get a 18 inch barrel with a rifle gas system. The low mass system is nice but its going to cost you more than a new barrel and comp would or about the same depending on the barrel you get.

Pat