Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production Class Legal CZ SP-01 Modifications?

SDchillin

Hello all, I'm looking to get my CZ SP-01 ready for some USPSA competitions and could use some help.

I'm a bit confused as to what modifications will be legal for my stock CZ SP-01 considering that the SP-01 Shadow variant is legal. From my understanding it appears I would be able to modify my stock SP-01 with the addition of all the parts(internal and external) found on a shadow and still compete in the production class, is this correct?

I was contemplating sending my gun out to Cajun Gun Works for the modifications but then I realized that since his parts are technically not factory CZ this may not be legal. Any merit to that?

Thank you for your time.

Welcome to the forum Mark, Where in San Diego do you shoot? Pala? Iron Sights?

David at Cajun Gun Works is very knowledgeable and will certainly keep you Production legal if you ask. There are also plenty of resources for you here as well if you prefer to do the work yourself. I'm a member of the American Shooting Center and have a little experience with these pistols if you need any pointers :cheers:

IMG_20140111_225844_665-1_zpsoz4ahias.jp

Thank you for the responses so far everyone.

kneelingatlas - I shoot at Pala on occasion, mostly the steel matches as of late. I used to compete at the Hidden Valley IDPA matches until they stopped. Now I shoot occasionally at Discount Gun Mart on Morena Boulevard just because it's local and I know the staff. Since this whole panic started and 9mm/5.56 prices went through the roof combined with reloading supplies being unavailable I've been on a bit of a hiatus from actually firing my firearms :unsure: