Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ magazine issues

chuck s

I shot a match today and had two ftf issues while changing mags at slide lock. As best as I could tell, the first bullet in the new mag went in nose slightly up and this jammed against the breech. When I got home I pulled the mag springs out and they seemed really flimsy so I replaced them with new m&p mag springs I had around. They now seem much stronger. Could at have been the issue? Is it common with CZ mags?(75 shadow 9mm, maybe 500 rounds fired)

Chuck, yep, the stock mag springs on the CZ are horrible. Usually with stock springs you leave bullets on the ground like bread crumbs. In your mag pouch the bullets just start falling out. Not enough tension.

Go to either CZCustom and get +10's ore Wolff. Just watch out, sometimes the +10's can be too strong. I had an issue last year at Florida Open because the springs were brand new and one of them wouldn't let the gun go into battery.

Yup same problem here with the stock springs. Replaced the one with the +10% and fixed it. Then another mag had the same issue. Ended up swapping them all over and never had a problem since.

I usually run the 19 round MegGar magazines without issue. Same thing happened last week to me on a slide lock reload when an old CZ mag got into the mix. Cost me 5 seconds clearing the gun. Needless to say I got hammered.

I usually run the 19 round MegGar magazines without issue. Same thing happened last week to me on a slide lock reload when an old CZ mag got into the mix. Cost me 5 seconds clearing the gun. Needless to say I got hammered.

Be careful shooting a major with those 19 round MecGar's. I've personally witnessed a shooter getting the bump to open at a level 2 when the gun wouldn't fit in the box. Those mags are slightly bigger than the CZ originals. Just big enough to make the gun not fit.

I've never shot this gun at a major match in Production and you're right it won't fit. I have shot it in Limited. Thanks for the heads up. I have a 97B that I have been shooting in Production. I just got this gun back from loaning it and shot 1 match in Production so far. Guess I got lucky. :-)

What I suggest is as follows:

About the springs - just for you to know that the +10% springs are a good thing , but they are not production legal ( I seen a tread on IPSC global Village)

Have your 4 mags for training and 4 mags for competition.

Mark the Mags 1 2 3 4

Make sure that competition mag that you drop FIRST will be number 4. That how you know that it is the "most working mag".

Now after a while the mag N4 will make trouble- put it with the " training mags"

Regards,

What I suggest is as follows:

About the springs - just for you to know that the +10% springs are a good thing , but they are not production legal ( I seen a tread on IPSC global Village)

Have your 4 mags for training and 4 mags for competition.

Mark the Mags 1 2 3 4

Make sure that competition mag that you drop FIRST will be number 4. That how you know that it is the "most working mag".

Now after a while the mag N4 will make trouble- put it with the " training mags"

Regards,

I can't speak to IPSC rules, but in USPSA the +10% springs are definitely legal.