Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where is powder for .45 ACP available?

Yachtmaster

I found some powder (Titegroup and others) at Acme Guns for anybody around the Seymour, IN area, not that it helps you all above necessarily. Also Bite the Bullet in Seymour has a few brands/types of powder available. Again, those are in MY locale, otherwise I watch gunbot.net too. Good luck fellas.

I'm getting low too and I've had to use powders I normally wouldn't use. I tried WSF in my Trophy Match this weekend and it really surprised me. I don't think it would work very well in target ammunition - but for full power loads it really does well!

Bullet: Hornady 200 gr. C/T Match

Powder: Winchester WSF 7.0 grs.

Primer: Federal 150

Case: Federal

LOAL: 1.245

Velocity: 941 fps

Just about out of WST and the last 4 lb. jug of N310 is going fast! (Probably should quit loading my buddies ammo with N310 and save it for myself!)

Hmmm, Trail Boss in a .45 ACP? Might have to give that a try! I've got a good supply of Trail Boss!

Edited by pbcaster45

Hmmm, Trail Boss in a .45 ACP? Might have to give that a try! I've got a good supply of that!

For Steel Challenge I use 3.5g (published minimum) with OAL of 1.200. Winchester LPP. I'm sure I could go lower, especially shooting a revolver but I don't know how low I could safely go. 4.5g is published maximum for it. It's my favorite powder at the moment. I have a Chronograph on the way and as long as I can make major with it in my 625JM I'm set for powder for a while.

I shoot a lot of lead` bullets in my 45ACP and also shoot plated and jacketed bullets. I have used the following powders over the years - HS-700X, Bullseye, Red Dot, E3, WST, WSL, VV N-310, W-231, Clays & Trail Boss for powder puff loads..

Edited by TonyT