Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which rear sight for carry?

Garrett

I've got a couple of Glocks with Dawson fiber optics up front and Heinie Slant Pros on the rear. They work well for shooting, but the Heinies tend to dig into one's side when used on a carry gun.

Any suggestions for what makes a decent rear sight that's less uncomfortable in a holster?

What holster are you using? For IWB I suggest you try Crossbreed Holsters. I am not sure if CB was first out with this type of holster, but I heard/saw them advertise first. There are clones and copies and some have the same try and return policy....just sayin'! For OWB just about any name brand will do but make sure you get the sweat guard or whatever the maker calls it on any holster you check out. This will help with the digging thing.

Your rear sight is fine with the proper holster.

FWIW

Richard

PS: I am not being paid by CB Holsters!

Edited by chirpy

What holster are you using? For IWB I suggest you try Crossbreed Holsters.

Hmmm. Good point. I've been using a gun with factory night sights for carry (which are pretty much dead, and ready to be changed out).

Prior to that I was using a gun with a "standard" IWB holster originally when the Heinie's would dig in. I switched to a Crossbreed a couple of years ago. The gun with the Heinies was apparently before that. I just checked, and the leather piece does indeed sit between the rear sight and my side.

I've got a spare set of sights (same Dawson F/O and Heinie rear) that I just put on the new gun, and it also appears to work well with the Crossbreed holster.

Problem solved - Thanks!