Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 17 open gun holster

gerritm

I have a Bobby Carver built Glock 17 9mm open gun that I use for some USPSA and 3-gun competitions. I absolutely love it. I use a CR Speed holster now, but want to get a Safariland 014 for its better retention. Anyone using it and what holster did you order? I see the one for the Glock 34, but it will not work with the C-More frame mount as is. Any help is appreciated.

gerritm

It's a Carver mount. I kind of figured that when I looked at a couple of Safariland 014 holsters that they would not work with the wrap around mount. I had a horizontal C-More mount on another open pistol and really did not like it, felt out of balance to me. Guess I will stick with the CR Speed and maybe have a friend mill a longer and slightly thicker Delrin post to help hold it in place and not bounce out. I have it locked in pretty good now and have had no real problems so far. It seemed like with a little dremel work you could modify the Safariland holster, but no sure I want to mess up a perfectly good holster.

Thanks, gerritm

Sjc makes a vertical mount as well as the 90 degree mount. It does require 2 plates be placed in the frame though. The cr weakness isn't it bouncing off the post as much as impact to the rear of the gun on the grip can dislodge it.

• 4 weeks later...