Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Raised rib on shot gun

RickeyT

Just curious has anyone put a raised rib on their three gun shotgun? I've seen them on some of the high end trap and skeet guns. They claim that it helps pick up your targets faster which made me think would this be a benefit to three gun as well...? Biggest draw back I see is the rib getting bent or in the way....

Anyone tried this or have any other reason as to why it wouldn't help???

Edited by RickeyT

The top dogs are not running that type or rail. The targets are way different from trap since in trap all you gotta do is hit the target while it is flying with one shot. You have up to something like 3 to 5 seconds depending on what station you are at. Here you gotta hit as many targets in the least amount of time and only some of them are flying like trap targets if you're lucky. Sometimes you have maybe 2 to 3 seconds to hit a flyihg target.

I only shot one season of trap and never had a high rib or high cheek set up. Trap wasn't as fun as this game is.

Most of the guys are using vent rib barrels, but not the super high ones seen on trap/skeet guns. I don't think they would hold up to being tossed in dump barrels. The vent rib is nice. Doesn't heat up as much on high round count stages and for the guys still grabbing the gun up front for a loading technique you're less likely to burn yourself.

Yea that's pretty much what I expected... I have a vented rib already. I just thought they looked cool... And if you wanted to raise your sight line you could just add a red dot and it's less likely to get broken off or bent.

A lot of the super high trap gun ribs are from unsingle guns which is a double barrel receiver with a single barrel in the Lower area so the rib covers the area where the top barrel would back been. A high rob wouldn't be beneficial in this soirt