Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Scope problem

The Donald

I have a Armalite SASS, I mounted a Leupold Mark 4 LR/T 3.5-10 with M3 turrets on it. It's mount with a Larue SPR-1.5 LT104 mount. I've asked both Larue and Armalite if the put any cant in there rifle upper and mount. Both said they don't.

Problem is when zeroing the rifle to a 25-300 zero, or even a 50-200 yard zero the scope runs out of down travel to get the crosshairs on the target. With the elevation at the maximum down with the cross hairs on the target the bullet impacts about 6" high at 50 yds. this is from a bench.

The scope is just about perfectly centered on windage, maybe a difference of 2 clicks difference from left to right off zero.

Anyone have any ideas why the rifle shoots high? I think it should be zero off the down stop on elevation, so you raise your elevation as you shoot out further.

Edited by The Donald

I have 3 LT104 mounts, no problem on either of the other two rifles they are one. One is my 3 gun rifle that has a bunch of rounds though it and the mount has had 5 different scopes mounted in it.

I do have some A.R.M.S. mounts that came with the Leupold I think I will try.

I had a larue mount once and thought the design of it was rather poor. The contact points of the mount to the rail are poor at best. Contact area is very small on the rail . Tried it once till one day my rifle slid of my bench and landed on the scope knocking zero of by 7 inches low. Took the mount off and rezored it . Finished out coyote season with it that year and switched to different mounts

I had a larue mount once and thought the design of it was rather poor. The contact points of the mount to the rail are poor at best. Contact area is very small on the rail . Tried it once till one day my rifle slid of my bench and landed on the scope knocking zero of by 7 inches low. Took the mount off and rezored it . Finished out coyote season with it that year and switched to different mounts

I have that exact setup on my 18inch 223, put a 100 yard zero on it, M3 knobs suck, I may send mine in for M5 knobs, until then I hold 1 mil up for 25/250 yards, I hold 2 mils for 15/350, and 3 mils for 12/430 and 4 mils for 10/500

Was a scope issue, downloaded and read the manual on the scope from Leupold. Showed how to bypass the zero stop and adjust the elevation. Heading to the range at 7 AM tomorrow to zero it in correctly. Thanks for getting me on the right track guys.