Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mec-Gar mags

Icecold

I recently bought a Mec-Gar mag from the Greg cote web site for my XD 40 service and when it came in the mail I put it in my gun and it was a really tight fit and would not just fall free from the gun then I took it to the range and it jammed 7 out of 10 rounds and no it's not the gun I had other mags with me and they ran flawlessly has any one els had this problem or did I just get a bad mag

Don't know much about the Mec-Gar XD mags I only buy factory but have had that same problem with their M&P mags and it took a lot of work to get them to work. If you need mags Springfield has 30% off sale mags are around $20 just a heads up.

I recently bought a Mec-Gar mag from the Greg cote web site for my XD 40 service and when it came in the mail I put it in my gun and it was a really tight fit and would not just fall free from the gun then I took it to the range and it jammed 7 out of 10 rounds and no it's not the gun I had other mags with me and they ran flawlessly has any one els had this problem or did I just get a bad mag

i am a large mec gar distb. they are a steller compnay to do business with

send it to mec-gar att: customer svc.

tell them u bought it and its defective they will sedn u another 1asap

1 of the best mfg in the business

use there mags for every gun i own but glock if its avaible from them

use springfield xd-9 in 22 rds wiith the arredondo base. not allowed to carry springfield where i work but would in a hearbeat

lmk if u need more happy to do it.

jjw

Edited by jjw

Ya I did all the filing down and finally got it to drop free with just a push of a button but it was jamming every other round I also tryed to contact Mec gar them selves NO REPLAY but I also contacted the web site I bought it from and he told me that some of the early xd 40 are of differen specs so that's looking like the problem and he was willing to refund my money even with me filing it down good web site and great costumer service they got right back to me Greg cote.com